Stay in the know! Our Summit Church blog includes pertinent information about upcoming events and services, sermon study guides and other helpful resources, as well as church life and community at Summit.
Dig Deeper. Summit study guides include great next steps, scripture, and discussion questions pertaining to the week’s sermon.
June 21, 2012
Open niceSERVE Projects
Posted by Communications
niceSERVE 20 is just two days away—don’t miss out! This church-wide service day is a great opportunity to meet the needs of people right in your own community, and get to know members of the Summit family at the same time! If you haven’t signed up yet, never fear—there are still plenty of open projects to choose from.
Launching from Herndon:
• Cleaning & Sorting: Orlando Day Nursery | Spend the day in the sunshine doing some gardening and maintenance at the Orlando Day Nursery.
• Miscellaneous: Breakdown Team | Help us out at the Herndon campus by breaking down the lunch area, putting away tables and chairs and prepping for Sunday services.
Launching from The Plaza:
• Family Friendly: Community Food Outreach | Join us in a family-friendly project at Community Food Outreach, stocking shelves in the grocery store and doing some light cleaning—all ages welcome!
• Cleaning & Sorting: Straight Street Ministries | At Straight Street Ministries, lend your helping hands for a cleaning and sorting project.
• Ministering to Children & the Elderly: Westminster Towers | Come minister to the elderly at Westminster Towers and give the residents a fun day full of crafts and activities!
• Cleaning & Sorting: The Ephraim Project | At The Ephraim Project, we’ll be helping Downtown Baptist Church, working outdoors sorting clothing and shoes for the homeless. (If you have non-wire hangers you’re willing to donate, please bring them!)
Launching from North Orlando @ The Plaza:
• Cleaning & Sorting: Harvest Time International | Help Harvest Time International with packing, unpacking, sorting, and organizing materials and goods to be distributed to disaster and impoverished areas within the US and foreign countries.
Find these and more open projects here. We look forward to serving with you this Saturday, June 23rd, at 8:30 a.m.!